Board of Directors
The broadcast license for KUOW was awarded to the University of Washington Board of Regents in 1951. Under an agreement, the station is managed by KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio, a private, nonprofit corporation established in 1999 and governed by the KUOW PSPR community board of directors.
The KUOW PSPR Board of Directors provides fiscal oversight and management of affairs, property and interests, ensuring the organization meets its goals, steering the organization towards a sustainable future by providing insight for ethical governance and financial management practices. The KUOW PSPR board is comprised 16-25 directors who serve for three terms, three years each.
Board of Directors
Andy McGovernVice Chair, Secretary
Caryn G. MathesPresident and General Manager
Chris JayFinance/Investment Sub-Committee Chair
Colleen EchohawkGovernance Committee Co-Chair
Filiz Efe McKinney
Haeryung ShinImmediate Past Chair
Heidi De LaubenfelsDevelopment Committee Chair
Jon SchorrTreasurer, Finance/Audit Committee Chair
Nicholas PatrickStrategic Planning Committee Co-Chair
Shauna CauseyStrategic Planning Committee Co-Chair
Virginia AndersonGovernance Committee Co-Chair
Full Meeting Schedule
All meetings are open to the public and are held on Thursdays 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM. Meetings will be held at KUOW, 4518 University Way NE Suite 310, Seattle, WA, 98105, unless otherwise noted. The November meeting is our Annual Meeting, (which includes a reception 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM) and is on Thursday, November 14 at the University of Washington Club.
- Friday, November 2, 2018 | Minutes
- Thursday, February 28, 2019 | Minutes to come
- Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Thursday June 27, 2019
- Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Thursday, November 14, 2019
Committee Meeting Schedule
All Executive Committee meetings are held 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM at KUOW, 4518 University Way NE, Suite 310, Seattle, WA 98105, unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019 | Minutes
- Thursday, April 11, 2019
- Thursday, June 13, 2019 (joint with Finance Committee)
- Thursday, August 29, 2019
- Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Friday, December 13, 2019
All Development Committee meetings are held 4:00 – 5:30 PM at KUOW, 4518 University Way NE, Suite 310, Seattle, WA, 98105, unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2019 | Minutes
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Wednesday, October 9, 2019
Finance & Audit Committee
Finance & Audit Committee meetings are held 3:30 – 5:00 PM at KUOW, 4518 University Way NE, Suite 310, Seattle WA 98105, unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, February 13, 2019; 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM (Joint with Finance and Investment Sub-committee; Bernstein Annual Report) | Minutes
- Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- Tuesday, May 30, 2019, 4.00-5.30 pm (Joint with Strategic Planning Committee)
- Wednesday, June 13, 2019, 4.30 - 6.00 pm (Joint with Executive Committee)
- Tuesday, August 20, 2019 (Finance and Investment Sub-committee only)
- Tuesday, October 22, 2019
All Governance Committee meetings are held 3:30 – 5:00 PM at KUOW, 4518 University Way NE, Suite 310, Seattle WA 98105, unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019 | Minutes
- Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- Wednesday, June 4, 2019
- Wednesday, July 31, 2019
- Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Strategic Planning Committee
All Strategic Planning Committee meetings are held 4:00 – 5:30 PM at KUOW, 4518 University Way NE, Suite 310, Seattle WA 98105, unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, January 28, 2019 | Minutes
- Monday, March 25, 2019
- Thursday, May 30, 2019 (joint with Finance Committee)
- Monday, August 12, 2019
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019
Closed Meeting Notification
Meetings of the Board of Directors and Board Committees or portions of those meetings at which matters relating to individual employees, proprietary information, or litigation, or certain other matters requiring the confidential advice of counsel, commercial or financial information obtained from a person on a privileged or confidential basis, or the purchase of property or services whenever the premature exposure of such purchase would compromise the operations or business interests of KUOW may be closed to the public pursuant to 47 U.S.C. sec 396(k)(4).
If such meetings or portions of those meetings are closed, the specific reason for closing a meeting or portion of a meeting will be made available on this website, within 10 days of the closed meeting or closed portion thereof.
For additional information regarding KUOW PSPR meetings or to request a written explanation for closed meetings, contact Fieta Robinson at 206.543.6784 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual and financial reports available here. Hard copies of the KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio annual reports and audited financial reports may be obtained by calling 206.543.2710 or by writing to KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio, 4518 University Way NE, Suite 310, Seattle, WA 98105.