Weekend Announcer/Board Operator
Req #: 192011
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 06/17/2021
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $5,084/month minimum salary
Union Position: Yes
Shift: First Shift
We have an outstanding opportunity for an Announcer/Board Operator to perform all aspects of live and automated daily board shift including board operation and announcing; serve as primary announcer and board operator for assigned shift which will include weekend mornings, afternoons and producing recorded breaks for weekend nights; provide primary voice and production of underwriting spots, as assigned; produce, plan, write, edit and voice breaks both live and automated during shift; monitor system and KUOW communications and news wire to provide programming updates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as primary announcer and board operator for assigned shift;
- Provide primary voice and production of underwriting spots, as assigned;
- Produce, plan, write, edit and voice both live and automated break content during shift;
- Monitor system and KUOW communications and news wire to provide programming updates;
- Assist with Public Radio Program Distribution system using broadcast software such as Content Depot, PRX, FTP, in conjunction with AudioVault and NewsBoss;
- Provide production support as assigned;
- Back up other shifts as needed;
- Perform other occasional on-air work including on-air fundraising; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position reports to the Director of Audience.
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of professional broadcast experience with a background in production and announcing.
- Personable and authoritative delivery, audio engineering skills and a knowledge of professional broadcast standards and practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and to professionally represent the station.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
As a UW employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.