Business Support Associate Account Representative
Req #: 192891
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 07/07/2021
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $4,584- $5,000/month + sales incentive (annual salary range is $55k- $60k)
Shift: First Shift
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
KUOW has an outstanding opportunity for a Business Support Associate Account Representative to solicit and obtain contributions from businesses and organizations in support of KUOW/Puget Sound Public Radio. In addition to the sales work, this position also provides account management assistance to the team of account representatives. The ideal candidate for this position has excellent interpersonal skills, enjoys meeting new people, building relationships, can wear many hats, and is comfortable learning new digital tools and programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage sales and service for sponsors and/or their advertising/public relations agencies to achieve business support revenue goals.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with existing clients. Actively cold call and develop new clients through direct contact with businesses and corporations or their agencies.
- Actively promote corporate support for the station.
- Consult with clients to develop proposals and non-broadcast opportunities for support. Discover and interpret prospects’ business objectives, mission, values and marketing and community relations activities, goals and priorities. Analyze and interpret audience and market research to seek appropriate match with the KUOW audience.
- Support the business support account managers with proposal development, audience research, copy submission, order entry, and other account management duties as needed. Provide account management back up with account managers when they are out of the office.
- Represent the station at meetings and events. Make sales presentations to large and small groups in support of revenue objectives.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and copy that conform to FCC and station policies. Prepare contracts and write on-air copy. Assist with other fund-raising activities as directed.
Position reports to the Director of Business Support
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years’ experience in sales.
- Demonstrated skills in sales, cold calling, client cultivation and business development.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills including ability to write and edit business emails/letters, proposals and crafting sponsor credits that comply with FCC and station guidelines
- Strong ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must possess general business acumen and understanding of marketing communications, sales promotion strategy, qualitative and quantitative data, syndicated research and applications.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming, ability to provide professional representation to the business community.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; commitment to providing high quality and consistent service.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Broadcast, digital or other media sales a plus.
- Digital savvy; fluent with O365, Salesforce and other digital tools.
- Basic understanding of FCC guidelines for underwriting copy
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
Competitive salary plus outstanding University of Washington benefits.