Campaign Strategy Manager
Req #: 199545
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 11/17/2021, updated 4/15/2022
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $6,000 to $6,795/month ($72,000 to $81,540 annually)
Shift: First Shift
KUOW has an exciting opportunity for a Campaign Strategy Manager to develop multi-channel holistic fundraising campaigns across the organization – finding better ways to engage existing and new donors and making KUOW an organization more donors love. The ideal candidate for this position is an excellent strategist, writer and communicator who can wear many hats to strategize and collaborate with diverse teams and is highly comfortable with digital fundraising and marketing tools. This position will lead fundraising projects with various teams and develop fundraising content for a wide variety of campaigns including: on-air, digital, social media, email fundraising, KUOW email newsletters, some marketing campaigns and major donor appeals, and much, much more.
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally and ethnically diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. KUOW believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comprehensive ownership of multi-channel campaign strategy development and planning including identifying deliverables, creating detailed schedules, and organizing logistics.
- Responsible for analyzing fundraising performance measured against strategy and goals. Utilizes data and performance reports to develop campaign strategies.
- Acts as the project manager for all campaigns.
- Manages logistics and creates complex schedules for all campaigns; designs supporting website, social media copy and solicitation email; drafts on-air copy and scripts; produces on-air pitch shifts; and communicates with staff.
- Coordinates and oversees on-air and digital promotions; writes, designs, and schedules on-air copy, web and social media copy and related solicitation emails. Ensures deadlines for production are met.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure campaign assets are deployed and integrated across all platforms (website, social and podcasts, etc.).
- Drafts copy, designs and provides editing for on-air, website social media and emails.
- Regularly monitors technology needs to optimize campaign performance and assists with training and procedural documentation as needed.
- Attends cultivation and stewardship activities, including donor-related events and assists with events, pledge drives, general membership programs.
- Participates in annual development and marketing planning for Development Department.
- This role will be a contributing fundraiser directly generating logical, original ideas that yield results and sustain revenue growth.
- Other duties as assigned by Membership Director.
Position reports to the Membership Director
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in any field and two years of relevant work experience.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Working knowledge of database programs, competency in Microsoft Word and Excel a must; InDesign preferred.
- Ability to write and design quality donor materials and communications that integrate into the organization’s existing messaging and collateral.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and an ability to communicate successfully in writing, by phone and in person.
- Proven ability to work professionally, collegially and effectively with donors or other constituents, colleagues and the general public.
- Commitment to providing quality service and ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
- Intrinsically motivated and able to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities and handle multiple projects and deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting. Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Familiarity with and appreciation of public radio programming a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices and standards
- Experience analyzing and testing data.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to write and design copy consistent with existing messaging.
- Ability to collaborate with other work teams and reconcile competing priorities.
- Ability to work professionally with donors or other constituents and maintain confidential information.
- Hybrid office (combination of telework and onsite).
- This job may occasionally work evening and weekend hours during pledge drives.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.