Data Analyst, Digital Media Products (Project/Temporary)
Req #: 203843
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 03/10/2022
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $7,167-$9,167/month ($86,004 - $110,004/year)
Shift: First Shift
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
DATA ANALYST, DIGITAL MEDIA PRODUCTS
KUOW’s Digital Media Products division has an outstanding opportunity open for a temporary (12 Month) Data Analyst.
The Digital Media Products division is a new and exciting team at KUOW tasked with transforming KUOW into a digital media powerhouse. This role is critical for KUOW as we build our data chops to become a data-driven organization. This role will drive value by helping define and optimize data collection strategies and structure for all of KUOW’s digital properties and initiatives.
We are hiring this position as temporary to help get the department running quickly. We expect the division will have a permanent need for Data Analyst in the future and the occupant of this role will have the opportunity to apply for the job when posted.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Analytics oversight (70%)
- Define reporting tag structure and requirements that enable complex reporting of website KPIs focused on acquisition, engagement and conversion.
- Work closely with Product, Dev and others to provide implementation requirements for Google Optimize, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Datastudio, or recommend and implement alternatives.
- Present analysis and insights in a clear and concise manner to team members and other stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to define reporting requirements for KUOW’s digital channels
- Work collaboratively with product, engineering, marketing, ad sales, and other teams to help build, analyze and develop dashboards around KPI’s and related metrics.
- Watch KPI performance daily to identify trends and potential issues
- Establish a process and reporting method for A/B testing of configurations to determine configuration and feature impact.
Understanding business questions that drive reports (20%)
- Listen to business questions and reporting requirements to create one-time reports and dashboards that provide data driven answers that aid in business decisions.
Presentation of findings and reports (10%)
- Work closely with product management and stakeholders to present data driven findings and trends.
Position reports to the Director of Digital Products
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- A love of working with data and generating actionable reports for key stakeholders and leadership.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify trends and make data-driven decisions, including monitoring, analyzing and reporting on campaign and website performance.
- Ability to create, implement and maintain dashboards of key success metrics.
- Ability to drive and manage change, forge strong relationships and problem solve.
- Comfortable challenging convention, but flexible enough to adjust when necessary.
- Experience with R and/or Python
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.