Digital Fundraising Officer
Req #: 199986
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District Posting
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $5,000 to $6200/month ($60,000 to $74,400/year)
Shift: First Shift
KUOW has an exciting opportunity for a Digital Fundraising Officer to manage and oversee strategies and tactics to engage with KUOW listeners and members on digital platforms.
The ideal candidate for this position is passionate about driving meaningful results, a hunger to continue learning in the ever-changing digital world, the ability to think critically and solve problems, a passion for helping teammates succeed, and an earnest desire to change the world. The ideal candidate is also an excellent writer and communicator who can wear many hats to strategize and collaborate with diverse teams and is highly comfortable with digital fundraising and marketing tools. This position will lead digital fundraising projects with various teams and will work on a variety of digital fundraising projects that include: email fundraising, on-air, social media campaigns, KUOW email newsletters, some marketing campaigns and major donor appeals, and much, much more.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally and ethnically diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. KUOW believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
The Digital Fundraising Officer manages and oversees growth of online fundraising and engagement programs by executing effective strategies and techniques via email, website promotions, and other digital channels. The Manager will provide coordinated leadership of digital fundraising and engagement activities, developing and implementing marketing strategies to support fundraising across the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital fundraising (50%)
- Oversee execution of digital fundraising strategies and engagement initiatives to acquire, renew and retain members.
- Translates digital fundraising and engagement strategies into specific documented plans that include timelines, channel selection, offers, ask strings, segmentation, projected response rates, revenue, and expense budgets.
- Build emails, landing pages, web ads/graphics for online fundraising activities, including donation forms.
- Implement Peer-to-Peer fundraising initiatives and Giving Day campaigns.
Integrated Messaging (30%)
- Coordinate across teams to ensure integrated fundraising messaging is consistent across web site, email, social media, streams, and other digital platforms.
- Work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, to support the consistency of messaging across campaigns and the organization.
- Assist with donor-related events, pledge drives, general membership programs and other duties as assigned.
Analysis, testing, reporting and optimization (20%)
- Works with Research and Analysis team to review and evaluate donor data analytics to develop digital strategy. Structures appropriate testing to find both incremental and breakthrough strategy improvements. Upon completion of campaigns, analyzes results to develop improvements to future efforts.
- Liaise with external strategy and software partners to manage execution of online fundraising best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry best-practices, within public media, among nonprofits more broadly and in the commercial sector.
Position reports to the Membership Director
- Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of related work in direct response fundraising or marketing.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in digital fundraising with strong background in data analytics, testing, and optimization
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies.
- Comfort moving between different departments and bridging different goals/strategies within the organization
- Display creativity and initiative and demonstrates a strong ability to prioritize
- Ability to write and design quality donor materials and communications that integrate into the organization’s existing messaging and collateral.
- Be a team player that is detail-oriented, organized, motivated and creative.
- Propensity for innovation and the pursuit of improvement.
- Proven ability to work professionally, collegially and effectively with donors or other constituents, colleagues and the general public.
- Commitment to providing quality service and ability to maintain confidences and protect confidential information.
- Intrinsically motivated and able to work independently, problem solve, take initiative, set priorities, and handle multiple projects and deadlines efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented setting
- Availability to work occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Experience working with: Salesforce, Photoshop, web/graphic design, HTML are all pluses!
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral. The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Governor Inslee's Proclamation 21-14.2 requires employees of higher education and healthcare institutions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination. View the Final candidate guide to COVID-19 vaccination requirement webpage for information about the medical or religious exemption process for final candidates.