Req #: 193491
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 07/20/2021
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $5832/month to $6667/month
Shift: First Shift
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
The Salesforce Administrator is the process owner for KUOW's customer relationship management (CRM) system. The administrator will use CRM technologies to solve a wide variety of business problems across KUOW, including complex report development, end-user training and system governance. As a subject matter expert and technical specialist, this position both develops and executes technical solutions. The CRM System Administrator is part of a team responsible for developing data architecture; coding and configuring the CRM to provide needed functionality; and implementing data integrations, software updates, and plug-ins/add-ons. Additional responsibilities include monitoring and testing system operation; troubleshooting technical issues; managing users, roles, access and security; updating and documenting configuration and processes; developing compliance strategies; training users; and data hygiene.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development of data architecture: standardizing how KUOW collects, stores, transforms, and distributes Salesforce data
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Manage the coding and lead the technical configuration of the system. Including creating custom apps, triggers, validation, automations, workflows, and work processes. Works with developers to configure Apex code. Responsible for designing backup protocols, archiving, system updates, and security. Develop existing data integrations. Manage existing one-way and two-way integrations with external systems such as: Stripe (payment gateway), MobileCause (mobile and peer-to-peer fundraising), Marketron (broadcast traffic software), Marketing Cloud (email software), Eventbrite (event software), Facebook (ads to generate newsletter subscriptions), Gravyty (donor AI for major gifing), GetFeedback (survey software).
- Oversee the implementation of data structures, validations, and processes to ensure that data quality and integrity are achieved. The admin will support the following business units: RadioActive Youth Media, Community Engagement, Business Support, Membership, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Volunteers, Events, Board of Directors, and Listener Feedback. Each business unit has unique and complex business needs. The Salesforce admin will be responsible for structuring the data to ensure it meets the needs of each business unit and will work within the larger data architecture.
- Lead selection of and integrate ancillary software such as plug-ins, add-ons, and extensions.
- Lead the overall deployment of the CRM to provide for the data needs of all KUOW Departments.
- Direct creation and use of testing environments.
- Oversee standards for how departments structure their data, lead the implementation of business processes in the CRM.
- Manage complex data integrations with other systems including other KUOW information systems, external vendor systems, and national cooperative projects (e.g. NPR Collaboration). Lead the development of business requirements, specifications, integration flows, data migration strategy & design and testing. Act as a liaison between business unit(s) and integration team to ensure designed integrations and data migration are being implemented.
- Oversee web application integration with CRM systems.
- Oversee exporting data for analysis and other purposes.
- Develop training standards, designing training curriculum, and leading training of KUOW staff on how to use the CRM tools. Create training videos, in-system documentation, and update our wiki on all custom KUOW code, automation, workflows, work processes and automation.
- Research software options, best practices, legal issues, and industry trends.
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long-term projects.
- Provide back up within KUOW research team as needed.
Position reports to the Director, Research and IT.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in CRM Administration in Salesforce
- Salesforce Administrator Certification
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Experience working with developers on CRM integration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce and other integrated systems
- Strong Salesforce interest and ability to quickly master new technology
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, processes, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity preferred
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.