Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator
Req #: 194624
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 08/12/2021
Closing Info: Open Until Filled
Salary: $5832/month to $6667/month ($69,984 to $80,004/year)
Shift: First Shift
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud Administrator to be the process owner for KUOW's marketing automation system. This position will collaborate with the marketing, membership, major gifts, and business support teams and stakeholders to support and implement marketing automation. The Marketing Cloud Administrator is a technically savvy, detail oriented, resourceful and analytical digital operations specialist. This critical role is responsible for helping to oversee the marketing automation platform infrastructure and will be instrumental in leveraging marketing automation to execute campaigns and capture data across the entire prospect and donor cycle. They will utilize their business analyst skills to analyze, identify, design and implement business process models, monitor and maintain the overall health of the database, the business workflow/revenue model, API integrations, audience segmentation, targeting, lead scoring, and bulk imports of data. Additional responsibilities include monitoring and testing system operation; troubleshooting technical issues; managing users, roles, access and security; updating and documenting configuration and processes; developing compliance strategies; training users; and data hygiene.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead development of data architecture: standardizing how KUOW collects, stores, transforms, and distributes Salesforce Marketing Cloud data.
- Create and maintain Data Extensions and segmentation groups and track emails and develop relevant reports and dashboards.
- Create journeys using Journey Builder and sync data from Salesforce CRM to Marketing Cloud and back using the Salesforce Connector. Complete rigorous QA checks on changes to data and journeys.
- Create and maintain automations that utilize multiple data sources for campaigns, including writing SQL queries.
- Manage and analyze data views and reports in Marketing Cloud that will drive further optimization for email and SMS performance. Make data-driven decisions to optimize consumer solutions.
- Configure and run triggers and API calls within the Marketing Cloud platform.
- Deploy personalization using AMP script on emails.
- Support our social media users through configuration and maintenance of Social Studio.
- Maintain users, profiles, roles, and permissions. Develop training standards, designing training curriculum, and leading training of KUOW staff on how to use Marketing Cloud tools. Create training videos, documentation, and update our wiki on all custom KUOW code, automation, and journeys. Provide support and point of escalation for product teams using Marketing Cloud.
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long-term projects.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Position reports to the Director, Research and IT.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) and hands on knowledge of Studios and Builders.
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant Credential preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Administration and configuration.
- Experience with basic HTML (For example, creating tables, links, and bolding)
- Experience with SQL and AMPscript
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, and handle and prioritize simultaneous requests
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Ability to critically evaluate and prioritize information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts
- Strong Salesforce/Salesforce Marketing Cloud interest and ability to quickly master new technology
- Strong understanding of Salesforce Marketing Cloud best practices and functionality
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment, you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.
Committed to attracting and retaining a diverse staff, the University of Washington will honor your experiences, perspectives and unique identity. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable and welcoming.
The University of Washington is a leader in environmental stewardship & sustainability, and committed to becoming climate neutral.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact the Disability Services Office at 206-543-6450 or email@example.com.