Marketing Audio / Video Producer
Req #: 187997
Department: KUOW / PSPR
Job Location: Seattle Campus
Job Location Detail: U District
Posting Date: 03/05/2021
Closing Info: closes on 04/05/2021
Salary: $4635 - $5834/month + benefits
Shift: First Shift
Notes: The University of Washington is following physical distancing directives from state and local governments as part of the collective effort to combat the spread of COVID-19.
“Onsite work” in the interim will vary for units and for specific positions and will be discussed with candidates during the interview process.
KUOW Puget Sound Public Radio has an outstanding opportunity for a Marketing Audio/Video Producer to lead audio production and assist with video production for KUOW's marketing and fundraising units – developing compelling audio/video content across many channels to engage KUOW audiences. The position will lead KUOW in the following: creating promotional spots for broadcast and digital, leading sound design for our video products and live streaming virtual events, assisting with creative strategy for key marketing and fundraising initiatives, and maintaining audio/video standards for non-news content.
This is a full-time position based in our Seattle office. The position will be 100% remote until KUOW's office are able to reopen, based on local Covid-19 regulations.
KUOW believes attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission to create and serve a more informed public. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Promotional Audio Strategy and Production (50%)
This position will lead KUOW's audio promotion strategy and production for broadcast and digital platforms, from creative concepting to recording to sound mixing.
- Conceptualize, record, and mix audio promotion spots for key KUOW initiatives (podcasts, newsletters, editorial series, fundraising drives, events, broadcast shows and more) in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization
- Create and manage standards for promotional audio, including reviewing and providing feedback for audio produced by different teams
- Working with marketing and trafficking to identify promotional strategies for different products and platforms
- Review spots for adherence to brand standards and upload approved spots to Audio Vault to be trafficked
- Produce custom daily promos for local KUOW programming, as needed (for ex. cutting a daily promo for The Record)
Sound Design and Video Production (40%)
In addition to audio for broadcast and digital products, this role will work with KUOW's social, marketing, fundraising, editorial and events teams on sound design and video production for live streaming events, promotions, campaigns, and more.
- Sound design for live streaming events, including cutting YouTube-approved music and video clips to be used in live streams through OBS platform as well as sound level mixing
- Sound design and video editing for marketing, editorial and fundraising videos
- Ensuring videos adhere to KUOW visual and audio standards
Strategy and Production for Daily Broadcast Promos (10%)
This position will assist as needed with strategy and edits to the balance and content of daily broadcast promos, as needed for special coverage, daily shows, and breaking news events.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience working in audio/video production or equivalent
- Experience in sound design / editing for marketing campaigns and/or editorial
- Expert proficiency with Adobe Audition
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Proficient in sound design for video
- Proficient in video editing and post-production
- Experience collaborating with many teams working towards different goals
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Passion for KUOW's mission to create and serve a more informed public
- Commitment to racial equity and ability to work with diverse teams
Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
- Consumer of radio products, esp. public radio (music, news or both)
- Experience writing scripts and cutting audio for broadcast audience
- Experience in sound design for live events
- Experience voicing audio or working with voice talent
- Experience producing original music/scores for radio and video products
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND RACIAL EQUITY
KUOW and the University of Washington are equal opportunity employers. KUOW is dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Black, Indigenous, and people of color, women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
As a UW employee you will enjoy outstanding benefits, professional growth opportunities and unique resources in an environment noted for diversity, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits and natural beauty.
Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington state law.