Ask KUOW: How are state pandemic guidelines being enforced?
Listeners sometimes have questions after a broadcast. KUOW's Ross Reynolds is here to answer them.
Elis writes: I noticed that grocery stores, except Trader Joe’s, are letting tons of people go in the store and not cleaning as well as they were few months ago. Who is in charge of making sure stores are making sure not to pack stores such as Costco?
We’ve been getting lots of questions about enforcement of the state rules and restrictions around Covid-19 safety. KUOW has done some reporting, as have some of Seattle's reporters. Here are a few reports to read and websites to check out.
- KUOW’s John Ryan did a story about Metro bus enforcement.
- KIRO 7 has also reported on the punishments that businesses face if found in violation of the Safe Start plan.
- And here is a KOMO TV account of businesses that have been fined.
- Also, Washington state has a website where you can report violations here.
- King County has a website where you can ask questions about Covid-19.
Thanks for listening and asking,