Confessions of an Uber driver and a former dominatrix at Ignite #38
It’s hard to predict what might happen at an Ignite Seattle talk, but previous audiences know that whatever it is, it’s going to be illuminating, ambitious and a bit adventurous.
This time 11 speakers were chosen from 82 submissions.
They ranged from an Uber driver’s confessions, to breaking the 'color code', to dating tips from a former Dominatrix, among others. The crowd is supportive at Ignite events, and the talks are a brisk five minutes.
Scott Berkun emceed the event, which took place on February 28 at the SIFF Egyptian theater in Capitol Hill.
The next Ignite Seattle (#39) is on June 6.
The list of speakers and talks from Ignite #38:
• The Unbearable Lightness of Being… (Bruce Dawson)
• Dating Tips from a Former Dominatrix (Miss Kaila Yi)
• Intersections: What Uber Has Taught Me About Humanity (Andrew Spink)
• How Parents Can Break the “Color Code” (Nayah Ndefru)
• How to Make a Hyperbolic Paraboloid ( Danielle Fague)
• Civil Disobedience: A Beginner’s View ( Tae Phoenix)
• Convincing People: An Attorney’s Guide to Negotiation ( Alexander Theoharis)
• Speakeasies, Felons, and Prohibition Moonshine: A Family DNA Love Story (Tracy Romoser)
• Life After Death: An Instructional Guide ( Heather Smith)
• When My Husband Said, “I Don’t Want My Penis Anymore” ( Kate Pond)
• Run, Forrest Stump, Run! ( Nicole Ver Kuilen)
Listen to the full event below: